To improve discharge communication currently provided to children presenting to the ED with mild head injuries and concussion. Specifically, adolescents who have an increased risk of post-concussion symptoms.
A mixed method, stepped co-design method to engage parents, youths and clinicians in the development of head injury discharge communication strategies.
Co-design team recruited: 2 doctors, 1 nurse, 1 nurse practitioner, 4 parents, 3 youths.
- Ethics received from RCH and Western Health.
- Co-design team recruited and training materials developed.
- First meeting to brainstorm what needs to improve in discharge communication held in March 2022.
- Meeting 2 (prioritisation process) and Meeting 3 to develop strategies to improve discharge communication will be held late May/early June.
- A prototype will be developed following this meeting along with usability testing.