Dear PREDICT members,
Our next PREDICT Members meeting is coming up on October 20th 2022 and the positions on the PREDICT Executive will be voted in prior to this, for participation commencing 2023.
This is a call to all PREDICT members for nominations from anyone wishing to be considered for a position on the 2023 PREDICT Executive for one of eight positions. Nominations will close on Friday 2nd of September at 5pm.
- Executive (1)
- Executive (2)
- Executive (3)
- Executive (4)
- Executive (5)
- Executive (6)
- Executive (7)
- Executive (8)
Please note – the above roles are all the same. Once elected the executive will elect a Chair and Vice Chair from the executive members. A Past Chair will be an ex-officio member of the Executive for a 2 year period after ceasing to be the committee Chair.
Positions on the Executive Committee are held for a 2 year term. The Chair position can be held for a maximum 4 year consecutive term. Once a Chair has stepped down they will serve as Past Chair for 2 years.
Other appointed positions
There will also be two additional positions appointed by the Executive after a formal expression of interest (EOI). The request for an EOI and appointment of these positions will take place once the core Executive is established. These include:
- Research Assistant representative
- An enrolled Research Higher Degree representative
The Executive Committee also retains the right to co-opt further members from the membership or outside persons in a non-voting role to assist with its business. These individuals will have core skills related to PREDICT’s mission, or hold a position that is closely aligned with the functions of the Executive Committee (for example, Chief Investigator in a Centre of Research Excellence based on PREDICT’s research).
What does being on the Executive involve?
- A role on the Executive requires active involvement in approximately monthly meetings about the networks operations (6 x teleconferences and 2-3 x 1 day face to face meetings per year of which 3 are in Melbourne and 1 usually interstate, (expenses are paid to attend). It also involves regular communication and response to issues as they arise on a weekly basis.
- You can nominate yourself for one position only.
- Current incumbents can nominate themselves for another 2 year term.
- You can nominate another person for a positions but they must agree to be nominated. This will be confirmed by the Network Coordinator.
The decision for appointment is decided by the number of membership votes received which will occur once the nominations are finalised.
What to do:
If you wish to nominate yourself or someone else please click on the link below and complete the following information:
– Your title and name
– Your craft group and current position held
– The primary organisation you work with
– The state you are based in
– Please write a brief description (max. 80 words) of why you wish to be part of the Executive and what skills you bring.
NB. This information will be used in the voting form
**Nominations must be received by COB Friday 2nd of September 2022**
All nominees will remain confidential until the voting commences.
What happens next?
Once the nomination period is complete the voting process will be organised. Voting will open on 12th September through to the 7th October 2022. Members will be emailed a personalised link allowing them to access the voting form in REDCap. Cate Wilson will be the voting returns officer.
Successful candidates will be notified in early October 2022.
The PREDICT Executive positions will be formally announced at the Members meeting on 20/10/22.