Merry Christmas from PREDICT
2018 has been a year of consolidation for the network with a number of large projects reaching completion and continued growth. Thank you to all members and collaborators for helping to bring about the following achievements:
- PREDICT now has 129 members – this year we welcomed 17 new members.
- In 2018, over 50 hospitals across Australia and New Zealand were involved in PREDICT research!
- Completed data collection for the Bronchiolitis Knowledge Translation and the APHIRST-Gap studies!
- Collaborated with researchers from PICUs, Neurology, ENT, General Paediatrics, Neuropsychology, Radiology and Respiratory Medicine.
- International collaboration occurred with researchers from other paediatric emergency medicine networks – PERC, PECARN, PEM CRC, PERUKI, REPEM, PERN.
- Mentoring of 7 PREDICT research higher degree students.
- We had 5 successful grant applications.
- Published 26 Journal publications.
- Held the annual PREDICT members meeting in Hobart with visiting presenter Dr Peter Cameron, attended by 38 members.
- Awarded the PREDICT prize at ACEM for students or trainees – won by medical student, Claudia Saab from University of New England for her study on “Knowledge translation intervention for emergency department staff on child life therapy strategies to improve children’s experience of intravenous cannulation”.