PARIS II – Acute Hypoxemic Respiratory Failure aged 1-4 years
(Paediatric Acute Respiratory Intervention Studies)
Study commenced December 15th 2018
- >4483 screened for PARIS II eligibility
- 600 eligible
- 365 randomised
- 353 enrolled (randomised and consented)
- 18 declined consent
- 15 not for randomisation
Sites currently recruiting:
- LCCH, Brisbane – 194 recruited (commenced December 2017)
- RCH, Melbourne – 68 recruited (commenced December 2017)
- GCUH, Qld – 65 recruited (commenced January 2018)
- KidzFirst, Middlemore, NZ – 25 recruited (commenced February 2018)
- JHCH, Newcastle – 1 recruited (commenced August 2018)
- Caboolture Hospital, Qld – 0 recruited (commenced August 2018)
Sites soon to commence:
- Redcliffe Hospital, Qld – September 2018
- Ipswich Hospital, Qld – September 2018
- PCH, WA – October 2018
- Starship Children’s Hospital – 2018
- Townsville – 2018
- Monash Health – 2018
No significant issues with processes, eCRF, or site recruitment.
Great news that we now have 6 centres enrolling following completion of all education.
In the month of August 2018, we have been successful in getting our first regional centre up and running with another two regional centres starting in the next month in South East Qld.
All other metropolitan and tertiary centres currently recruiting are performing well. Winter has not been as kind to the study as we’d have liked with enrolment, but this is obviously better for the children to stay out of hospital! We have had slower recruitment than what we originally expected overall and keep watching and observing the seasonal changes in each of our countries/States.
….. Next month we feature Sepsis: Elliot Long.