The PREDICT network is due to elect the next PREDICT Executive members this year.
This is a call to all PREDICT members for nominations from anyone wishing to be considered for the following positions on the PREDICT Executive:
- Vice Chair (1)
- Vice Chair (2)
Please note – the above roles are all the same except for that of the Chair. Vice Chairs must also be prepared to step in and chair on the rare occasion.
The Research Assistant and Research Higher Degree Scholar positions on the Executive, will be appointed by the new Executive later in the year.
What does being on the Executive involve?
- A role on the Executive requires active involvement in approximately 8 monthly meetings about the networks operations (4 x teleconferences and 4 x 1 day face to face meetings per year of which 3 are in Melbourne and 1 usually interstate, (expenses are paid to attend). It also involves regular communication and response to issues as they arise on a weekly basis.
- You can nominate yourself for one or more positions but can only accept one if successfully voted in.
- Current incumbents can nominate themselves for another 2 year term.
- You can nominate another person for one or more positions but they must agree to be nominated. This will be confirmed by the Network Coordinator.
- There can be multiple people nominated for each position. The decision for appointment is decided by membership votes received which will occur once the nominations are finalised.
What to do:
- If you wish to nominate yourself or someone else please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
– Which position/s you wish to nominate for
– Your title and name
– Your craft group and current position held
– Where you are located ie. organisation and state
**Nominations must be received by COB Friday 17th of August 2018** All nominees will remain confidential until the voting commences.
What happens next?
- Once nominations are received the voting process will be organised. Voting will open on 1/9/18 through to 1/10/18. Members will be emailed a personalised link allowing them to access the voting form in REDcap. Cate Wilson (Network Co-ordinator) will be the voting returns officer.
- Successful candidates will be notified in early October and invited to attend the Executive meeting in Hobart on 23/10/2018.
- The PREDICT Executive positions will be formally announced at the Members meeting on 24/10/18.