CT for head injury
This research pools data from the past 10 years from Emergency Department (ED) and Medical Imaging databases at PREDICT sites and a number of other mixed EDs. It will determine the changing incidence of presentation with head injury to EDs and the changing rate of use of CT for head injury across Australasia. This study will allow accurate long-term follow up of change implemented following the Australian Paediatric Head Injury Rules Study (APHIRST) outcomes.
Multi centre retrospective audit of medical records
2003 – 2013
- Starship Children’s Hospital, New Zealand
- Kidz First Middlemore Hospital, New Zealand
- Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
- Monash Children’s Hospital, Victoria, Australia.
- Townsville Hospital, Townsville, Queensland, Australia.
- Royal Children’s Hospital, Brisbane, Australia.
- Women’s and Children’s Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
- The Children’s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, Australia
- Canberra Hospital, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
- Frankston Hospital, Victoria, Australia (outside PREDICT network)
- Princess Margaret Hospital, Perth, Australia
All presentations occurring between 2001 – 2013