The Kids are Not Ok: A Delphi Study to identify consensus research priorities and core outcome sets in paediatric emergency mental health presentations
- To determine a prioritised list of research questions and identify a set of core clinical and mental health outcomes for children and adolescents presenting to the ED with mental health concerns.
- Children/young people under 18 who attended ED with mental health concerns and their parents/carers.
- Doctors, nurses, mental health clinicians, police, paramedics, schoolteachers, school counsellors, hospital security.
- Commenced 2nd of May 2022 and will continue to the 30th of June
- Sites pending governance approval can join in recruitment process and project until mid-June, 2022.
- As of 30.05.2022 – Complete Survey 1 responses received from healthcare/community-based services members = 57 (out of 103 survey response records), and complete Survey 1 responses from patient/carers = 8 (out of 29 survey response records).
- The participants are from:
- VIC – Austin Health, Monash Health, Royal Children’s Hospital, Eastern Health, University Hospital Geelong-Barwon Health, Ambulance Victoria, Vic Police
- SA – Women’s and Children’s Hospital, South Australia Ambulance
- QLD – Gold Coast University Hospital, Queensland Ambulance Service
- TAS – Royal Hobart Hospital
- WA – WA school psychologist, WA police
We are very keen to recruit more patients and families – please make an effort to approach them over the next month.