Predicting Infectious ComplicatioNs in Children with Cancer (PICNICC) Project
- >1139 screened for PICNICC FN eligibility.
- 501 enrolled for Objective 1 – Febrile Neutropenia Episode Audit.
- 21 complete (Day 1 and Day 2) bloods samples, Objective 2 – LCCH and RCH ONLY, with an additional 25 Day 1 only samples.
- 132 contributions to Objective 3 – Quality of Life surveys.
Sites currently recruiting:
- RCH, Melbourne – 286 recruited (commenced October 2016)
- JHCH, Newcastle – 30 recruited (commenced November 2016)
- LCCH, Brisbane – 120 recruited (commenced March 2017)
- MCH, Melbourne – 21 recruited (commenced May 2017)
- SCHN, Randwick – 21 recruited (commenced May 2017)
- WCHN, Adelaide – 23 recruited (commenced June 2017)
Sites soon to commence:
- SCHN, Westmead – to commence recruitment September 2017
- PMH, Perth – to commence recruitment October 2017
No significant issues with processes, eCRF, or site recruitment.
Very excited to have all eight sites recruiting for PICNICC as of October 2017, training completed with new site Research Nurses. Projected PICNICC recruitment on track to be completed by January 2018. Objective 2 blood sampling remains gradual, however samples are still being obtained. Modification to eCRF approved and circulated to all sites and annual report submitted with ongoing ethics approval. Investigating methods to improve Quality of Life survey completion across all sites.