The PICNICC study achieved target recruitment 31/01/2018 and has now closed to accrual, with 854 Febrile Neutropenia (FN) episodes captured in our database.
- >2139 screened for PICNICC FN eligibility
- 854 enrolled for Objective 1 – Febrile Neutropenia Episode Audit
- 35 complete (Day 1 and Day 2) bloods samples, with an additional 84 Day 1 only samples, Objective 2 – LCCH and RCH ONLY
- 221 contributions to Objective 3 – Quality of Life Surveys
No significant issues with processes, eCRF, or site recruitment.
- RCH, Melbourne – 378 recruited (commenced October 2016)
- JHCH, Newcastle – 41 recruited (commenced November 2016)
- LCCH, Brisbane – 172 recruited (commenced March 2017)
- MCH, Melbourne – 47 recruited (commenced May 2017)
- SCHN, Randwick – 65 recruited (commenced May 2017)
- WCHN, Adelaide – 69 recruited (commenced June 2017)
- SCHN, Westmead – 53 recruited (commenced September 2017)
- PMH, Perth – 29 recruited (commenced September 2017)
The rate of recruitment exceeded our expectations and we are very pleased to have achieved our target sample size for PICNICC Objective 1 ahead of schedule. Pilot analysis of Objective 2 blood sampling is due to take place in February/March 2018. Data cleaning is well underway nationally and we aim to start analysing results from the study in March/April.
We have a very thorough eCRF and if anyone is interested in exploring a specific area of fever and neutropenia please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com to discuss further. Thank you to all those involved in the PICNICC study for your hard work and enthusiasm!
….. Next month we feature Asthma Retrospective.