Ready to go!:
Ethics approval has been granted and the RedCAP database has been constructed and tested. You should all have received email instructions on how to get going.
The main steps are:
- Compile a list of who will be doing the data entry
- Send the list to Simon Craig who will give access to the training environment.
- Extract a list of medical records, and follow the emailed instructions to set up REDCap
- Once you are happy with the data entry process, get access to the real database and make a start!
Please let Simon know if there are any queries.
COMING SOON – International (PREDICT-led) Asthma Projects:
An international working group, with representatives from all PERN research networks has been formed to look at outcome measures in clinical trials of acute severe paediatric asthma. A number of projects are being planned, and will be circulated through PREDICT as they develop.
The first series of projects will include
- collation of clinical practice guidelines (lead – Simon Craig)
- interviews with clinicians (lead – Charmaine Gray)
- interviews with patients (lead – Simon Craig)
Please contact Simon (email@example.com) with any queries.
….. Next month we feature Kids THRIVE Shane George.