Australian Paediatric Head Injury Rules Study: Assessing the gap prior to implementation (APHIRST Gap) aims are to i) determine the baseline CTB rate for a broad range of hospitals; ii) understand why there may be variations in CTB rates and iii) determine what resources are currently available and used by the ED community to inform their management of mild head injuries.
APHIRST Gap currently has 32 sites recruited to the study, across Australia and New Zealand
(1 ACT, 6 NSW, 10 QLD, 2 SA, 6 VIC, 4 WA, 3 NZ).
Progress to date:
- 20/32 sites (VIC, NSW, WA, SA, ACT,NZ, QLD) have governance approvals
- Training of sites to extract and enter their data is underway
- 4 sites have completed data extraction (RCH, Tamworth, WCH Adelaide, Starship)
- 5 sites are well underway with data extraction
- A total of 740 records have been entered into REDcap
- Cleaning of extracted data has commenced
- 21 qualitative interviews have been completed
The project was awarded a grant of $20,000 in December 2017 for Advancing Knowledge Translation and Research Impact from the Royal Children’s Hospital Foundation.
Thanks everyone for your continued effort!
….. Next month we feature PICNICC.