This is a call for nominations to those interested in the Research Higher Degree scholar and Research Assistant positions on the PREDICT Executive.
These positions are open to eligible candidates for one – two years only. They will be appointed by the current Executive.
What does being on the Executive involve:
- A role on the Executive requires active involvement in approximately monthly meetings about the networks operations (4 x teleconferences and 4 x 1 day face to face meetings per year of which 3 are in Melbourne and 1 usually interstate, (expenses are paid to attend). It also involves regular communication and response to issues as they arise on a weekly basis.
- Previewing the executive agenda then actively participating in meetings to give an independent opinion, advice and decision making.
- Make decisions that are in the best interest of the Network as a whole.
- Bringing issues of importance to the network, to the meeting agenda for discussion.
- Reviewing and commenting on new studies when presented to the Executive.
- Act as an executive sponsor for approved projects maintaining oversite of study progress through the project principal investigator and steering committee
- Following up on actions deemed necessary at the meetings.
- Reviewing and commenting on issues via email / telephone in between meetings as required.
- Reinforcing PREDICT research guidelines and policy with members locally.
- Maintaining confidentiality in relation to sensitive issues discussed.
What to do:
If you wish to nominate yourself / or another, please express interest by COB 21st of November 2018 to email@example.com
– Which position/s you wish to nominate for
– Your title and name
– Your craft group and current position held